Re: PO7-can't connect as internal

From: Paul Stradling <stradlingp_at_logica.com>
Date: 1995/08/01

swong_at_ED.RAY.COM wrote:

>Help!! I've tried to connect internal within SQLDBA and it asks me for a
>password. What gives? I thought it's supposed to not ask for one. I entered
>one in and gave me an insufficient privileges error. Any help would be
>appreciated.

You could save the current password file, which is a hidden file PWD<SID>.ORA in the <ORACLE_HOME>\RDBMS7x directory, to a temporary file name and run the password utility VSDPW.EXE in <ORACLE_HOME>\bin.

This will create a new password file with the password of your choice. The only restriction is that currently, this will only create a password file for the default Oracle database, SID ORCL.

Regards,

Paul Stradling
stradlingp_at_logica.com Received on Tue Aug 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message