Re: SQL*Loader for Windows

From: Christopher L. Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/07/31

marty <marty_at_amelia.sp.trw.com> wrote:

>After upgrading my DOS versions of SQL*Reports, SQL*Forms, and SQL*Menu tools to the
>Windows CDE versions, I found out that SQL*Loader for Windows is NOT available from
>Oracle! After several conversations with Oracle Support as well as their Sales
>people, I was informed that a migration path from DOS to Windows for the RDBMS
>tools (which include SQL*Loader) is not available. Their remedy is to buy Personal
>Oracle for Windows, which includes SQL*Loader.

>So I downloaded the free trial version of Personal Oracle. After a lot of trial and
>error, I found out that you need to put the files SQLLOAD.EXE and LDRRESUS.DLL into
>your \ORAWIN\BIN directory, and ULUS.MSB in your \ORAWIN\RDBMS71 directory. Now
>SQL*Loader for Windows will run by clicking the icon and filling in the blanks of
>the input window that comes up.

>I cannot seem to get SQL*Loader to run from a command line under Windows, however.
>I need to be able to do this since the SQL*Forms application that I am migrating
>from DOS to Windows must be able to perform this function. Has anybody solved this
>problem? Please post or mail to marty_at_amelia.trw.com.

Marty,

I call sqlload.exe from forms 4.5 without a hitch. Try this:

declare

     the_command varchar2(1000);
begin

     the_command := 'c:\orawin\bin\sqlload.exe ' ||
          'userid=scott/tiger, ' ||
          'control=<control file path/name>, '||
          'data=<datafile path/name>';
     host( the_command );

end;

I do this from a When-Button-Pressed trigger.

Hope this helps,

Christopher Beck

--
clbeck_at_us.oracle.com