Re: Optimal DB_BLOCK_SIZE ??

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: 1995/07/26

ken_at_airmail.net writes in article <3uuus4$3fd_at_news.iadfw.net>:

> We are using the
> UNIX file system (not raw).

If my (gerneral) understanding of UNIX systems is correct, then using the UNIX files system will give you some overhead because you use the UNIX cache, which is not effective regarding databases.

I strongly recommend to go with raw partitions, especially with a large database. Give the freed memory to the SGA, and ORACLE will perform a lot better........

Willy Klotz

Willys Mail     FidoNet              2:2474/117  2:2474/118
      willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org      VFC        ISDN/X.75
   -> No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-