Re: ORA-600 Space Leak

From: Kenneth Foo <kfo_at_orsil.ubc.ca>
Date: 1995/07/24

Let me try to make our environment more specific to this problem, we are running SUN Sparc10 server with SUNOS 413 and Oracle 714.

In the UNIX environment, we generally have scripts to shutdown the whole database , doing all UNIX files backup to the tape or disks then startup the database again.

There is a bug there when you do 'shutdown abort/immediate' in the shutdown script,.. and then bring back the database online.

What I was told is you have to a double shutdown, my script is

	connect internal;
	shutdown abort;
	startup mount exclusive;
	shutdown normal;

... then do the backup....

Since then, I have not had any error message or alike, your milage might be different.

Ken
Cheers
In article <3v0dae$cui_at_eon.ecco.com>, sdavid_at_ifu.net says...