Re: SQLPLUs - How to display output ?

From: Hooman Azmoodeh <azmoodeh_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/07/21

Stan Novinsky (stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu) wrote:
: I have a SQLPLUS scriptfile that creates tables. Other than using
: SET ECHO ON, is there a way to trace the commands that are being
: executed. Like placing a one line comment within the script that
: would be displayed as the file executes. Similar to the
: WRITE SYS$OUTPUT command in a DCL command procedure.....

: Thanks

: stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu

:

Not sure if I understand you correctly. But see if this is what you need:

before your command, put in a command explaining what it does like this:

select 'description of what your command does' from dual; <<This is your command here>>

Hope this helps.
Mickey, Received on Fri Jul 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message