Re: Help with date comparison

From: Ms. D.H. Harvey <qq45_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: 1995/07/20

I set up a table with varchar2 'dates' as you described and ran an exact copy of your script with no problems. Inserting an out of range day, not necessarily in the specified range gave me the following error:

01847, 00000, "day of month must be between 1 and last day of month"

Don't know why I get this in preference to 1839 and why two seemingly identical error messages exist!!!!, but I'd be inclined to check your data.

You say you are unable to make this a DATE column, but would it be possible for you to add another column of type DATE to your table.

        Helen Received on Thu Jul 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message