Re: 7.1.3 -> 7.1.6

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 1995/07/19

kaz_at_sis.bms.com (Joe Kazimierczyk) writes:

>We encountered a problem where OPS$ROOT access didn't work. Other
>OPS$ accounts worked fine. Oracle Support says it's a known bug,
>the workaround is to "setenv TWO_TASK P:".

Seems to me I remember reading in the documentation on OPS$ accounts that this is specifically EXCLUDED for root accounts. (It's just too dangerous.)

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.com, nolan_at_inetnebr.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)