Re: Nasty Bug In AIX NFS ?

From: Joerg Senekowitsch <joerg_at_pharmacy.isu.edu>
Date: 1995/07/17

In article <3ubb4a$8bc_at_giga.bga.com> Curt Finch, curt_at_tkg.com writes:
>>The problem may be data dependent since I performed the test on another
>>(larger) file and there were no problems, and I have also installed software
>>from an NFS mounted CDROM in the past with no problems.
>
>There have in the past been such problems. It's been a while I think since
>there has been one of these. They are extremely rare and typically occur
>under extremely heavy load. What is more common is a bad router somewhere

No, no. Talk to Oracle. They know about the NFS mount problems. It's the way the Oracle CD is packed. There is a solution, I just don't remember the specifics although I just did an install of 7.1.3 through NFS :-(

JS

Joerg Senekowitsch, Ph.D.           <joerg_at_pharmacy.isu.edu>
SysAdmin                            Phone: (208) 236-2627
College of Pharmacy                 FAX:   (208) 236-4421
Idaho State University              ------------------------
Pocatello, Idaho 83209                  I SPEAK FOR MYSELF !