Re: Online Backups on Oracle v6.

From: (wrong string) ühlmann <tok_at_sni.dk>
Date: 1995/07/14

In article <3u3fg1$lcq_at_dub-news-svc-4.compuserve.com> 100635.71_at_compuserve.com writes:
>From: 100635.71_at_compuserve.com
>Subject: Online Backups on Oracle v6.
>Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:56:54 GMT

>Is there anyone out there using Online Backups on Oracle v6?

>I think it is an excellent facility both for the Users and the DBA.

>That being said, when ever I ask another Oracle DBA/User
>about their backups they always do it by EXPORT and/or
>offline dumping of the file systems.

>Is there a problem that I don't know about?

Not really, I've been using Online backups on Oracle 6 for some time, until I switched to Oracler 7 and later 7.1.
The reliability of Online backups are good, and they are easier to restore ( QUICKER ! ) than the somewhat inefficient export/import. Also if you're planing on using 24 hour systems, you really haven't got an alternative ?

Good luck ( remember to test )

Tom Kruhlmann
tok_at_sni.dk Received on Fri Jul 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message