Re: SQL*Forms and the 21st Century

From: C.J. Jardine <cj10_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1995/07/14

Pauli Salmu <p.salmu_at_mn.medstroms.se> wrote:
>stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU (Steve Cosner) wrote:
>>
>> In article <3svdmp$nek_at_mccoy.ici.net> jack_at_ici.net (Jack Bell) writes:
>> >Greetings Oracle users!
>> >
>> >As the 21st Century approaches a problem has surfaced with some
>> >SQL*Forms 3.0 data input forms I created. It involves the
>> >evaluation of dates which occur beyond 31-DEC-1999. The forms
>> >use the default DD-MON-YY format for date display.

..

>In Forms 4.5 you could just use RR as year format.

But the RR format was never retro-fitted to Forms3.

I knowe that Oracle are withdrawing support for Forms3. However if think that this year 2000 issue ought to be a special case.

If we all shout together, is there any chance that Oracle might put RR support into Forms3?

Charlse Jardine, Univ of Cambridge. Received on Fri Jul 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message