Re: ODBC and stored procedures

From: Jo Coutuer <100414.1243_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1995/07/12

Bill Meahan <wmeahan_at_sun1.fsic.ford.com> wrote:

>>Once you have the pass through created, set the sql string property in one of
>>the following ways:
>>1) begin execute my_procedure(arg1, arg2) end;
> ^^^^^^^
>No can do, Andy! "execute" is a SQL*Plus command, not legal SQL or
>PL/SQL. All "execute" does in SQL*Plus is to wrap the "begin" and "end;"
>around the procedure invocation then execute the resultant anonymous
>PL/SQL block. All you can pass via ODBC is legal SQL or an anonymous
>PL/SQL block.

>>or
>>2) {call my_procedure(arg1, arg2)}
>>

>Still not legal SQL (with Oracle anyway). This may work with Sybase or
>SQL/Server, but not Oracle.

>>Then execute the query.

We did implement the {call my_procedure(arg1, arg2)} syntax and it seems to work just fine providing you do use the accolades {}. It works with a passtthrough query and also from Access Basic, so we're really rolling now.

I'm grateful for the help and I hope this confirmation of the solution can settle the argument.

Bye

Jo Coutuer Received on Wed Jul 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message