Trigger in Oracle and email ???

From: Becker Cuellar <becker_at_smart.net>
Date: 1995/07/03

Hello oracle-netters,

        I have this situation,

        Oracle 7 sitting on a Unix box and a set of pc's that have an    xterminal package iconized(with a TCP/IP connection to oracle), when    a particular table has an IP number which corresponds to one of the    PC's an application(which I'm writing) will maximize the iconized    xterm in the PC whose IP number is on the table

        Solution 1, odbc from a VB app to query for the table, will    this put a big load on the system???

        Solution 2: Set up a trigger that when table gets a new IP
   number will send email to PC's. Is it possible to do this    from a trigger (I have done triggers in Sybase but not in Oracle)    this sounds like easy on the load, but don't know how hard is to    implement if possible at all

        Your reply, hints, flames appreciated, Thanks in advance

                Becker Cuellar

|       |             |  /           :   KD4NFF                         |
|       |--, ,--, ,-- |/   ,--, ,--  :   becker_at_smart.net               |
|       |__| |--' |__ | `\ |--' |    : http://smart.net/~becker/bsc.html|