ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'xxx'

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/06/30

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with the following SQL statement?

CREATE INDEX sample.providers_pk
ON sample.snap$_providers(provider)
TABLESPACE user_index
STORAGE (INITIAL 500k NEXT 500K PCTINCREASE 0) /

When I execute it I get the following error...

ERROR at line 2:
ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'USER_INDEX'

Since I'm running the command from a DBA account, I should have no problems with privileges or quotas. I've verified the acccount, and it has an unlimited quota on the USER_INDEX tablespace.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!