Re: Loading into LONG RAW field.

From: Rennick Sandra <t89003_at_isdserv.dehavilland.ca>
Date: 1995/06/28

Eddy Setiawan (setiawan_at_singnet.com.sg) wrote:
: How can I use SQL*Loader to load binary data into LONG RAW field? For
: example, I have following table:

: ARTICLE_ID VARCHAR2(10),
: ARTICLE_BODY LONG RAW

: I'm unable to determine the length of ARTICLE_BODY prior to loading.
: How the SQL*Loader control file should look like (for ARTICLE_BODY
: field)?

: TIA,
: --
: Eddy Setiawan (setiawan_at_singnet.com.sg)
: DBA, National Computer Board of Singapore (NCB), http://www.ncb.gov.sg/
: Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are strictly private.

On page 9-11 in the Utilities Users' Guide, there is a section on loading long data fields using the Direct Path and the PIECED option. I have successfully loaded long data using this method. I don't know if it will work for long raw or not.

Hope this helps,

Sandra Rennick Received on Wed Jun 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message