User exits or PL/SQL Interface?

From: Kevin Muhm <kmuhm>
Date: 1995/06/27

Hello Oracle people.

I have a set of user exits which I have written for SQL*Forms 3.0 which send data from Oracle tables to a postsript printer that prints barcodes. I am moving from Forms 3.0 on a Data General server to Forms 4.5 on a PC. According to the Forms documentation, instead of writing user exits in 4.5 I can link my barcoding functions to the forms via the PL/SQL interface. Have any of you done this successfully? I am not sure from reading the documentation whether the foreign functions should be compiled to a .obj file or to a library. I have also just got my hands on the new Power Objects development tools, so I am curious about how I might implement foreign fucntion calls in this new environment.

Any answers, opinions, etc. welcome. Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Jun 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message