PRINTING IN FORMS 4.X

From: Satya Polavarapu <inssppx_at_gsusgi2.gsu.edu>
Date: 1995/06/24

 Oracle Pandits,

  Let me first thank you all those who replied to my   question on using LOV. This forum has been of invaluable   help to me from time to time.

  In Forms 4.5, I would like to run some Quality Control   scipts (sql) and generate error messages, if any. I   would like to send the messages to the printer also.

  I have done this before calling by sql*plus from forms(3.0).   I created a table for storing error messages. Every time   a user runs the QCR scripts, 1.error messages would be stored   in the table, 2. error messages are read from the table (select   statement), 3. output spooled to a file, 4. then to a printer   and finally, 5. delete the rows from the error messages table.

  Is there a better method to do this ?. Can I do without   calling Sql*Plus. Can I use Show_editor built in and also,   how to print from forms. I have vague idea about these,   but not enough understanding&time to come up with an   efficient solution.

  Thank U very much in advance.

SP
inssppx_at_gsusgi2.gsu.edu
itsfrfx_at_netcom.com Received on Sat Jun 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message