SQLPLUS/Ora7 Multiple Table Deletes?

From: Gregory E. Buchanan <gbuc_at_edls2.robins.af.mil>
Date: 1995/06/23

  We are trying to use a sqlplus script to allow a user to delete from 3 different tables by entering the key value ONCE. This is what we have to do now:

>> delete from table_1 where field = '&Value';
>> delete from table_2 where field = '&Value';
>> delete from table_3 where field = '&Value';

Same value for field, but deleted in 3 tables. However, we get an error telling that the code is not ended properly.

QUESTION: Is there a way to have the user enter the key value

            ONCE, but have sql delete it from -3- different tables?

Thank you for your assistance..

--
Gregory E. Buchanan                             gbuc_at_edls2.robins.af.mil
"I've given up on trying to figure out who killed Mr. Burns.."