Re: Sybase vs. Oracle

From: Jim Fritz <fritzja_at_acasun.eckerd.edu>
Date: 1995/06/21

David A. Zuckman (dzuckman_at_omni.voicenet.com) wrote:
: I know that asking this question will be like asking a bunch of Pepsi drinkers,
: "How good is Coke?" but that's kind of what I want.

: My project is a Sybase shop that's entertaining the idea of switching to
: another RDBMS. Oracle made the short list. I'm looking for major
: differentiators between Oracle and Sybase to provide input to the
: decision-making process. I'm quite technical--please be specific. (I'm not
: looking for "Oracle is faster!")

(snip)

Check the archives for a copy of Dan Drucker's RDBMS Server Evaluation Matrix. The last copy I have is v 1.0.2 dated June 15, 1993.

(It's message id is 1993Jun15.143426.24443_at_news.mic.ucla.edu)

If anyone has a more recent copy, please post.

Or write to Dan - ddrucker_at_agsm.ucla.edu Received on Wed Jun 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message