Re: Power Objects - Anyone using it?

From: Robert Hoskin <rhoskin_at_inforamp.net>
Date: 1995/06/21

park_at_crl.com (Park Espenshade) wrote:

> I finished installing PO, but have yet to spend much time with it. I saw
> a pretty detailed demo at the Northern CA OUG and it looked real good.
 <snip>
> been doing VB programming for about 2 years and would be interested in
> hearing about any work (non-development) that is going on.

I was fortunate enough to spend a week with OPO (and its developers) earlier this month. Both impressed the heck out of me. There's a distinct possibility that there *might* be a market for a small-footprint, data-aware O-O tool with VB-like scripting, Win-Mac-OS/2 support, and your choice of built-in db or Server db :->

Look for a *second* Developer's Release on the Web Page in a few days (don't know exactly when, and can't say exactly what's in it - I'm not an Oracle employee). I will say that if you have an interest in OPO, it'll be worth trading up from DR1. There should be a bunch of new features, as well as some bugfixes. I'll be doing some serious prototyping once it's available.

Bob Hoskin
Heartland Software Received on Wed Jun 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message