Datafile Sizing Question

From: Karl Penney <aa651_at_ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: 1995/06/20

Is there a method people use to determine how big to make your datafiles when you know approximately the size of the tablespace? For example, we are going to have a 6 gig tablespace on a Sun Sparc 1000. Since the unix file size is limited to 2 gig, should we make 3 large datafiles (2 gig each) or several smaller ones. Is it a good idea to make your datafiles as large as you can?

--
DMR Group, Halifax, NS                |      | _/\_\   /_/\_ |      |