Re: post-change and on-validate-field trigger

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_eskimo.com>
Date: 1995/06/17

: My understanding of this (I heard this from one of our senior developers) was
: that the POST-CHANGE trigger was a hold-over from SQL*Forms 2.3 (not sure if
: this is actually true or not). I use ON-VALIDATE-FIELD for field validation,

You're absolutely right, if the documentation is correct (SQLFORMS 3.0 doc). Look at the chapter that describes the POST-CHANGE trigger. It says it is there for compatibility reason and ORACLE does not guarantee that it will be supported in the future versions of SQLFORMS.

Also, as Steve (another posting) has mentioned, "key-prvfld" does not fire the "on-validate-field"! I suspect it was that way either because it was an oversight or to allow users to go to the previous field to fix the problem if the value of current field depends on the previous field.

Have fun,
Kim Ng Received on Sat Jun 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message