Re: libsqlnet Compile Errors on 7.0.16 on SCO Unix

From: Youri N. Podchosov <ynp_at_ynp.dialup.access.net>
Date: 1995/06/16

In article <3rpvnj$3ue_at_lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu>, Joe Meyer <phoenix_at_umich.edu> writes:
|> I am getting the following compile errors when I am trying to compile the
|> WOW Web interface to Oracle:
|>
|> # make install
|> cc -o wowstub wowstub.o util.o oci.o -lPW -lsocket -lmalloc
|> -lcrypt_i
|> -L/oracle/lib -locic /oracle/lib/osntab.o -lsqlnet -lora -lnlsrtl -lcv6
|> -lnlsr
|> tl -lcv6 -lcore -lm
|> undefined first referenced
|> symbol in file
|> gethostbyaddr /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> socket /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> setsockopt /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> getservbyname /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> getsockname /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> connect /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_open /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_bind /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_sndudata /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_rcvudata /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_unbind /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_close /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_errno /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_rcv /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_snd /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> t_look /oracle/lib/libsqlnet.a
|> osnqrn /oracle/lib/libora.a
|> osnqig1 /oracle/lib/libora.a
|> linbyte /oracle/lib/libcore.a
|> lispln /oracle/lib/libcore.a
|> liiccp /oracle/lib/libcore.a
|> lisplth /oracle/lib/libcore.a
|> lisply /oracle/lib/libcore.a
|> lihninfo /oracle/lib/libcore.a
|> ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to wowstub
|> *** Error code 13
|>

|> I DO have the tcp/ip development kit for SCO, and I know it works because
|> I compiled and run httpd 1.3. It looks like Oracle cannot find the
|> tcp/ip libraries, so I threw in -lsocket myself but I still get the same
|> errors. Any ideas ?

Move -lsocket -lPW -lmalloc triad to the end of the command line: these libs are to be mentioned after they are referenced from within Oracle's libraries.

| Youri N. Podchosov (ynp) *** Davidsohn & Son, Inc. NYC *** 718-234-4140 | | Internet: ynp_at_ynp.dialup.access.net CIS: 72723,2202 AOL: ynp, yourip |