Re: !!!Need help with stored pros

From: Martin Rapier <m.rapier_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: 1995/06/12

martinj_at_pi.net wrote:

>> I created a simple stored procedure that selects a count(*)>> from a table using a where clause. I then tested the value of >> th=
e count to see if there is data or not. I am using SQL Plus>> to test the procedure. If the table has data or not, >> the procedure = executed successfully.>
>I don't know if it's the answer, but maybe you should use :old and :new >prefixes. Look in the manuals for the correct usage of tho=
 se prefixes.

 Why not re-define your procedure as a function, and return some sort of exit status code (maybe based on the internal exception handler). As far as PL/SQL is concerned, the code has executed successfully (like it hasn't core dumped etc.) even if no data is being returned.

Cheers.
Martin. Received on Mon Jun 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message