Re: NEWBIE: HELP Forms 4.0.13!!!

From: <stowe_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1995/06/11

> siong_at_malibu.sfu.ca (Siong Chan) writes:
> When I create a button in a multi-record block within Forms 4.0.13, the
> button will come up as multi-buttons. The number of buttons will be the number
> of records in the block. However, it is kinda stupid to say have 7 records
> and 7 OK buttons to say that I'm done with this block! Is there anyway
> to just have one button in a multi-record block and have that button perform
> functions either for all the records (like saying I am done with this block
> and want to leave it) or for the current active record (say for
> performing a trigger on the current active row)????

Well, the button is a non-base table object anyway, so what is the point of placing it on the same block? It is a simple enough matter to put the button in a different block, preferably a non-base table block.

If you want to associate a button with a record, place it on the block. Otherwise, put it on a different block.

Incidentally, under Forms 4.5 and later, you can put it on the same block if you wish.

Michael Stowe
Constellation Engineering, Inc.
http://www.mcs.com/~stowe Received on Sun Jun 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message