Parhworks oracle v7 tcpip

From: Mike J Cox <mike_at_kane.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/06/10

Hi,

We are having a few problems getting oracle 7 to run under Pathworks 5 with tcpip, apologies for my ignorance on any technical issues but unfortunately networks are not my forte <g>

Our setup is pc client hardware to server on sun ipx, runing tcpip under pathworks 5, our problem is that although the networks end of things seems a-ok, we can ping across no problem, but we cant get the client to connect to the server. The error we get most often is TNS error: server name not found. This is despite the fact the the hosts file is a-ok and the tnsnames.ora is the same across the machines. We get the same result from running under windows 3.1 and 3.11.

Has anyone else had similar problems or can suggest any possible solutions.

We have been trying for about two days now, having reinstalled the software several times but are no nearer to a solution.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Mike Cox (UK) Received on Sat Jun 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message