Re: TRUNCATE TABLE in PL/SQL

From: Sean Poulter <spoulter_at_ksi.co.za>
Date: 1995/06/09

rmartin_at_mindspring.com (Robert Martin) wrote:

>Is it possible to do a TRUNCATE (or something equivalent) from within a
>PL/SQL program? I'm having to do a lot of DELETE <table_name>; COMMIT; on
>large tables and it is extremely slow compared to TRUNCATE.

Yes, the latest version of PL/SQL that comes with Oracle 7.1, there is a feature called dynamic SQL, this allows you to build up your queries on the fly and then execute them from within your pl/sql,

and yes you can do DDL statements from withing the pl/sql function call

Thanks
Sean Received on Fri Jun 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message