Pro*C and Reserved Words (Help)

From: John Landers <JCL_at_medcal1.csustan.edu>
Date: 1995/06/07

        This may sound a little off but some legavy programs name some fields in a table as begin and end. These are date fields. The problem comes when a pro*c program tries to precompile and see the begin & end fields but thinks they are part of a PL/SQL function. Question: How to compile this with out creating a view or recreating the table. Old versions of Pro*c don't have this problem but 1.5.9 does. I know these are bad names but a lot of reports etc use this. We are going to redo the table but I was just wondering if there was another way.

Please email or post
Thanks,

        jcl. Received on Wed Jun 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message