Re: 2-Phase commit or replication?

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/06/06

hilfinge_at_rose.rsoc.rockwell.com (Donita Hilfinger) writes:
|> My understanding of Parallel Server is that the datafiles are located
|> in one location, but referenced from different locations with their own
|> set of redo logs. My problem with Parallel Server is 'what if the
|> machine with the data files goes down?' Or is my understanding of
|> Parallel Server wrong.
|>
|> Donita

In a parallel server environment, no single node "excusively owns" the datafiles (or the redo logs for that matter). They reside on shared disks that are accessible to all nodes in the cluster. If one node crashes, the surviving nodes will still have access to all the shared disks.

Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Jun 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message