Re: Need help with tuning import????

From: Strategic Data Systems <sds_at_dataplusnet.com>
Date: 1995/06/06

In article <sevy_michael.6.0023B2CA_at_tandem.com>, sevy_michael_at_tandem.com (Michael Sevy) says:

>In article <3qth0i$7ri_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> sheilahj_at_aol.com (SheilahJ) writes:
>>From: sheilahj_at_aol.com (SheilahJ)
>>Subject: Re: Need help with tuning import????
>>Date: 4 Jun 1995 19:52:50 -0400

>>Have you tried creating a large rollback segment just for that import? It
>>seems to me that you may be having problems with the amount of data it is
>>trying to commit.
>
>Without seeing the first post to this thread, I'm assuming that you are
>importing a large table into your database ... correct? If so, the easiest
>way to solve the problem is to use the COMMIT=Y parameter on your import. This
>will force a commit after the BUFFER is full. Import will run a little
>faster, but the big advantage is that your rollback segment(s) won't "max-out".

In our 7.0.13 version of Oracle, if the table exists befire the import and you have indexes on the tables, the imports will go much faster if you drop the indexes.

Scott Overby                              sds_at_dataplusnet.com
SDS
Sheyboygan, WI 53082