Q: Oracle Remote

From: <martinj_at_pi.net>
Date: 1995/06/05

I have to put up a link between the RDBMS and a remote client. For now I now have come up with four possibilities:

  1. Make copies from the database and use 3rd party software (Access, Dbase) at the remote site.
  2. Personal Oracle (not a link, but it will do)
  3. Another client in the network with a modem connection to the remote
  4. A dial in box from HP, creating a remote console

None of the above is exactly what I'm looking for, since I also want to use all Windows facilities for the client. Can someone please help me with this?

Our hard- and software:

HP 9000, UNIX 10.0
HP Vectra client 486/66/16MB
TCP/IP network protocol