Re: Need SQR Assistance in UNIX environment

From: Dave Erickson <erickson_at_mfa.com>
Date: 1995/06/05

On 2 Jun 1995, TConcannon wrote:

> Date: 2 JUN 1995 23:04:19 -0400
> From: TConcannon <tconcannon_at_aol.com>
> Newgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: Need SQR Assistance in UNIX environment
>
> I kick off SQR's using cron in UNIX. Is it possible to mail warnings and
> error messages from an SQR in UNIX? I would like to get mail messages
> rather than having to read through all the log files. I have seen the SQR
> command 'CALL SYSTEM USING' but I would like to send a meaningful message
> through mail. A message that would tell or pass the SQR message! Can I
> capture and send it?

Try this:

	sqr .... -E error_file_name
	if [ -f error_file_name ]
	then
		mail yourname  < error_file_name
	fi
	rm error_file_name  /* Optional step */

Dave

David B Erickson, Project Leader     *
McHugh Freeman                       * "YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP"
erickson_at_mfa.com                     *                           -Dino