Re: Reports 2.0 question ??

From: huckleberry <jalford_at_immcms1.redstone.army.mil>
Date: 1995/06/03

In article <3pdbb4$2ra_at_News1.mcs.com> stowe_at_mcs.net writes:
>From: stowe_at_mcs.net
>Subject: Re: Reports 2.0 question ??
>Date: 17 May 1995 17:21:40 GMT

>> jalford_at_immcms1.redstone.army.mil (huckleberry) writes:
>> Can someone enlighten me as to how I can add two columns that come from
>> seperate queries ?? I've tried various methods but can't get away from the
>> 'incompatible frequency' error, which is obvious since the columns are in
>> different groups !! Any help will be appreciated !! Thanks in advance ;-)
>>>>>

>There are two basic ways to do it:

>1) Place both columns in the same query
>2) Create a Summary column to house one of the columns outside its group, and then create the
>formula column to add one column to the summary column.

You're 2nd option was my original try and due to the size of the queries I cant' put them both in the same query. Any other ideas or am I just doing it wrong.
  Here's what I did:

  1. Created two queries
  2. Create a column (not in either query) and made it a Formula.
  3. The formula looks like: :DOD_LOANS + :C_1

I've tried putting the field in the layout editor in one,both, and the other groups to no avail... Any help is appreciated Received on Sat Jun 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message