Help about Master_Detail Blocks

From: Korhan Cebeci <korhan.cebeci_at_infoboard.be>
Date: 1995/06/02

Hello,

I have started using Oracle Forms 4.5 several weeks ago and now I'm stuck in this Master-Detail stuff. Could anybody help me?

On screen (at runtime), there are 4 tables (multi-record blocks) displayed : RESPS, SERV_RESPS, PERS and SERVICES. Only 3 of them have Master-Detail relation.

SERVICES is the master table and SERV_RESPS the detail. SERV_RESPS has also a master-detail relation with PERS(which is a the detail table). Nothing seems wrong with all that.

Now what goes wrong: when I execute a query in the SERVICES table or click one if it's items, the SERV_RESPS table is populated with the right records. That's perfect. The PERS table is also populated but with only the first record the matches the join criteria (and there should be a lot more that should be displayed). How can I make the other ones appear on screen?

With SQL*Plus, my select statement retrieves the PERS records perfectly :

	Select Cle, Fam_Name, Fi_Name
	from PERS, SERV_RESPS, SERVICES
	where SERVICES.SERV_ID = 4
	  and SERVICES.SERV_ID = SERV_RESPS.SERV_ID
	  and SERV_RESPS.Cle = PERS.Cle
	;

Here are the results of my query:

	Cle                 Fam_Name Fi_Name
	KERFF!JOHN!19690327 KERFF    JOHN
	ADB!ARNOLD!19451015 ADB      ARNOLD
	PEERS!TOM!19700225  PEERS    TOM

But with SQL*Forms 4.5, I only get the first line.

Could anybody help me with that please?

				Korhan Cebeci
			  korhan.cebeci_at_infoboard.be