Re: Designer/2000 tutorial

From: Gregory P. McLear <gmclear_at_macbo.win.net>
Date: 1995/06/02

In article <3qi8nk$5ln_at_fg1.plk.af.mil>, Susan M. Wilson (wilsons_at_mis4.plk.af.mil) writes:
>I've just installed Microsoft Windows version of Designer and Developer/2000.
>Last week I helped someone install CASE 5.1, the /2000 series predecessor.
>I am disappointed because I can't seem to find a tutorial similar to that
>supplied with the CASE 5.x product which gives you a partially developed
>design and walks you through adding information to it. I know, I know, there's
>something called the Designer/2000 tutorial but it's just a slide show. Am
>I missing something. I appreciate the fact that the CASE stuff came in
>many heavy boxes laden with paper and that the /2000 stuff came
>in one small, light weight box and yet..... I feel I'm missing something
>here.

Designer/2000 documentation is supplied via Windows Help. Thats what $4000 buys you.

Don't bother complaining. The marketing people will just spend their time defending their position and add insult to injury.

I heard about how all Oracle documentation would be distributed via CD-ROM and that written documentation is an extra charge. As you already know, the documentation CD that accompanies Designer/2000. (1.0.9 ) in my case, contains documentation for the 5.1 version of CASE. Thanks for nothing Oracle.

Even if you're willing to pay for something that should have been included, you can't buy it. Technical support says October or November but the Marketing genius I spoke to claimed July or August.

If Larry Ellison really wants to beat Bill Gates, he ought to let Microsoft hire all his marketing managers. Received on Fri Jun 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message