Re: Database Recovery

From: Doris Jetz <yeer_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1995/06/02

In article <3qkf8i$o5c_at_news.fmso.navy.mil>, sue_emerick_at_icpmech.navy.mil says...

>How can we recover a database from version 7.0 after upgrading to
>version 7.1? We backed the old Oracle stuff up on tape before
>installing the new software.

>The new stuff works but none of the tables from the old version are
>available. What directories was the database stuff stored in under
>7.0? If we restore them from the tape, can we just do the startup
>statement by pointing the pfile to the init.ora from 7.0?

If you do 'select file_name from dba_data_files', that should tell you where the database files are located in any database. Do 'select * from v$parameter' for the location of your control files.

One way you could do this (depending on the size of your database) is to do an export of the old version and import it into the new version (creating the database in the new version first). Received on Fri Jun 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message