Re: Carriage Returns and SQL*Loader

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: 1995/05/31

Stefan Scheck <scheck_at_ask.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
>Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
>Subject: Carriage Returns and SQL*Loader
>Date: 29 May 1995 13:29:30 GMT
>
>Hello,
>
>I've got a problem with the SQL*Loader.
>
>I've tried to put a text including Carriage Returns into an Oracle-LONG-Field.
>
>It seems that this is not possible for the SQL*Loader.
>He ignores every Return in the text.
>
>Does someone know a solution for this ?
>
>Stefan Scheck.

Sorry, but I've seen at least 3 discussions on this one in the last year, and no one has been able to use SQL*Loader to do it. Requests at Oracle tech support have gone unanswered.

The "solution" is to not use SQL*Loader, but to use "C" or some equivalent. So far no one has been willing to post 3GL code for public consumption.

EP Received on Wed May 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message