Re: Question on RAW LONG datatype

From: Pedro Pimentel <ppf_at_uninova.pt>
Date: 1995/05/25

In article <3pl0hv$gdq_at_news.cis.nctu.edu.tw>, vinay_at_wslvax1.wipsys.soft.net says...

>Hi,
>
>I have a requirment of storing a binary file in Oracle 7 database.
>I created a table with a field of type RAW LONG. But I have no idea
>of how to store the binary file to this table. Can any one help.
>
>1. How to load a binary file to a RAW LONG column.
>2. How to retrive that from the table.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.

  It's a LONG RAW type.

  You'll have to use Pro*C or ODBC in Windows to load anything into it. You can retrieve data from it also with Pro*C or with the ODBC SDK on Windows (the PC must be connected to Oracle with SQL*Net on top of TCP/IP and using some ODBC DLL for Oracle).

  If you're using a Windows based interface, you can try using Access that will use those LONG RAW fields to store and retrieve OLEs.

  If you need more help, feel free to contact me.

--
Pedro Pimentel
Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia / Universidade Nova de Lisboa - Portugal