lpd

From: Loh Kir Chern <mcblohkc_at_leonis.nus.sg>
Date: 1995/05/21

Dear World,

I have developed an application (with reports etc) using Oracle V7.1.4.10, Forms 4.0.13.17.1 and Reports 2.0.14.8.0 on a host based. My front ends are Macintoshes with local printer attached and accessing the UNIX host (an SGI machine) via a graphics emulator.

For normal printing (being ascii or postscript files) residing on the UNIX, I can channeled them via lpDeamon to the Mac's printer ie
$> lpr -P<printer_name> <file_name>

Is it possible those remote printer's name be put into the $ORACLE_HOME/guicommon/tk2/admin/uiprint.txt ? If not, is there anyway we can change the trigger of print ? (ie to channel to lpr managed printer)

Thanks in advance

Rgds
Loh Kir Chern
Email : mcblohkc_at_leonis.nus.sg Received on Sun May 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message