HELP Pro-Cobol/OS2/SQL*Net V1 TCP/IP

From: RM Fischer <rfmfdf_at_explorer.sasknet.sk.ca>
Date: 1995/05/18

Attempting to add some remote ORACLE DB calls to an existing application.

Application is built using a menu structure. We are finding that everything works fine for a while, but we eventually get a SYS3175 from OS2 in the COBLIB DLL.

It appears that programs which contain ORACLE accesses are not being released from memory after exit. We think this may be the cause of the exception but are not sure. We are using the CANCEL function from MF-COBOL which is supposed to release programs from memory...however it looks like we cannot release the ORACLE files.

We are using:
OS/2 2.1
MF-COBOL V3.0.54
Pro-Cobol V 1.3
SQL*Net V 1 for TCP/IP
ORACLE 7.0   If anyone has experienced this or is familiar with this combination of products, I would appreciate your insight.     Received on Thu May 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message