Re: HELP: Encina with Oracle?

From: Parris Geiser <parris_at_walleye.esp.bellcore.com>
Date: 1995/05/16

Kurt Helenelund (kurt.helenelund_at_pp.kolumbus.fi) wrote:
> Is anyone using Encina with Orcle7? What is your experience?
> Is the perfomrance as bad as the rumors say? We are also trying
> to find a reference site to visit. I work for the Swedish IRS
> with 13000 users and 30+ HP-UX boxes with Oracle.

> Kurt

Hi,

	We started out in our project (HP T500, HP-UX) trying to use ENCINA.
	However, we gave up. Reasons: We couldn't get it to work in our environment but
	don't have the details and got word from another project that the performance
	was not good. We switched to TUXEDO and things are going great.
	Not much detail, but hope it helps a little.
		parris geiser