Re: Has anyone tried SQL*Net with Trumpet Winsock ?

From: Chuah Teik Chye <chuah_at_sam.po.my>
Date: 1995/05/12

In article <3onrdv$efh_at_mail.boku.ac.at> klima_at_donau.boku.ac.at writes:

>Has anyone tried to run SQL*Net Version 1.1 with the shareware Trumpet
> Winsock TCP/IP stack ? It tried connecting to an ORACLE V7 database on a
>HP 9000/715 host, but I always get the message
>
>ORA-06120: NETTCP: network not loaded.
>
>When I check which DLLs are loaded, it seems that all the necessary libs are
> there
>(sqltcp, msocklib, mwinsock, winsock).

I have successfully done it before but it was quite sometime ago. Also my version of SQL Net may defer from yours. Before proceeding any further make sure you can access your TCP/IP host via telnet/ftp/ping with Trumpet. Then when you install SQL*Net select FTP's PC/TCP with Winsock.

Rgds,
chuahtc Received on Fri May 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message