Re: auto startup on NT

From: Hermann Westlie <hermannw_at_oslonett.no>
Date: 1995/05/12

In article <3or43f$jbs_at_news-2.csn.net> geog_at_geographix.com (GeoGraphix) wrote:

> I am running Oracle7 on Windows NT 3.5. What is a
> good way to startup the database on system boot?
>
> Thank you for your support.

You can set up your server so that it log on i.e. the administrator on system boot with

  1. Start REGEDT32.EXE and locate the following Registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft \Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
  2. Establish your domain name, account name, and password, using the values you would normally type when logging on. You should assign the following values: DefaultDomainName DefaultUserName DefaultPassword

and then you can write a batch file who starts the database and start this file from the startup group in program manager.

.Hermann Received on Fri May 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message