Re: Has anyone tried SQL*Net with Trumpet Winsock ?

From: Rashpal Singh <rsingh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/05/10

In <3onrdv$efh_at_mail.boku.ac.at> klima_at_donau.boku.ac.at (Gerald Klima) writes:

>Has anyone tried to run SQL*Net Version 1.1 with the shareware Trumpet
> Winsock TCP/IP stack ? It tried connecting to an ORACLE V7 database
 on a
>HP 9000/715 host, but I always get the message
>
>ORA-06120: NETTCP: network not loaded.
>
>When I check which DLLs are loaded, it seems that all the necessary
 libs are there
>(sqltcp, msocklib, mwinsock, winsock).
>I would like to use Trumpet Winsock because it"s very small
>and quick to install compared to commercial packages (e.g. Chameleon
 TCP).

>Thanks for any help,
> Gerald

Gerald,

I have successfully used SQL*NET 1.2 over a slip line to connect my Personal Oracle to Oracle 7 at work (IBM AIX) with software from netmanage (http://www.netmanage.com). The executable for windows are neatly packages in one self extracting file and is free of charge. Received on Wed May 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message