Re: Calling Stored Procedures Using VB

From: David Trahan <dtrahan_at_tyler.ultranet.com>
Date: 1995/05/10

ensyte_at_sam.neosoft.com (Cary Drott) wrote:

>I am trying to call a stored procedure from VB 3.0. The procedure is a
>series of functions which create some data in temporary tables and then
>returns a return_code. The functions are in a package.

>Microsoft, in their article on TechNet, Q120491, indicates this is not
>possible with the current ORACLE ODBC driver. Has a new driver which allows
>this been released (by Oracle or any other source) since the 10/94 date of the
>article.

Actually - it's not possible with ANY "level 1" ODBC driver since it is not part of the defined functionality for level 1. It is possible to called stored procedures, but you can't get any return values back. ODBC Level 2 supports this and a whole bunch of other goodies, but so far as I know noone has released a level 2 driver for Oracle. I know Oracle is working on one, as is Intersolv and my guess is you should start seeing level 2 drivers in late spring/early summer. Received on Wed May 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message