Re: database link problem

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/05/09

In article <RZ105.28.000FC718_at_rzi.ngate.uni-regensburg.de>, RZ105_at_rzi.ngate.uni-regensburg.de (Christian Kramhoeller (t4856), We) writes:
|> Hello!
|>
|> Can anyone tell me how to create a database link for read access ( or
|> read/write access ? ) on a DEC Alpha with VMS and Oracle 7 ?
|> I have TCP/IP installed, but I am only working on one machine. So I am not
|> sure whether I need TCP/IP at all...
|> I would appreciate it, if somebody could help me.
|> Thanks in advance
|>
|> Christian Kramhoeller.

create database link l
  connect to scott identified by tiger
  using 't:machine:SID';

You will want to use your own connect string, of course. The idea is that you can connect to the database using 'scott/tiger_at_t:machine:SID'. If that is true, then SQL*Net has been set up correctly and this should work. Received on Tue May 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message