Re: HELP - Rollback segment NEEDS RECOVERY

From: Lee Parsons <lparsons_at_eskimo.com>
Date: 1995/05/08

Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com> wrote:

>At this point, given that you have done some things to the database, you
>may have no other choice than to restore and roll forward to the crash point.

I have had mixed results with "Corrupting" the rollback segment that is causing problems. If there is really rollback info in the segment that needs to be applied he is likely hozed. But if the database doesn't really need the segment the he may be able to bring the db up by telling it to ignore the RBS.

This is a unsupported/undocumented init.ora parameter. Contact Oracle Support before you go setting something like this. Or at veryleast dont blame me if you have any problems.

Oh and on the first thing that he should have done before he started the recovery: Done a backup of the DB as is. :-}

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com