Re: PL/SQL Package size

From: <mthomas_at_iu.net>
Date: 1995/05/08

In article <3ogj5v$m71_at_viper.is.rest.tasc.com>, <careywd_at_jupiter> writes:
> From: careywd_at_jupiter (William D. Carey)
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: PL/SQL Package size
> Date: 6 May 1995 19:37:35 GMT
> I am currently working on a project which is doing a lot PL/SQL
> procedures stored in packages. These packages run in to thousands
> of lines. Has anyone heard of any guidelines or recommendations for
> package size? Have you any real world experiences you can share? I
> would appreciate any feedback you can give me.
>
> Will Carey
We have lots of stored packages also -- we are running Oracle V7.0.16....on OS/2. There seems to be an approximate 65K limit for package bodies -- at which point you simply cannot load them. Often I load the packages via a sql script -- and on occasion will get an error in a package load -- however, when I load the pkg individually, it loads just fine. Weird, huh?

Also, whenever doing a data export -- I drop the packages to save space and time..then reload them after the export. Also, you probably know this -- but if you ever drop a table, you must reload any pkg which uses that table. Good luck!! MKT. ps. What platform are you using? Received on Mon May 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message