Re: can datafile and logfiles be store on raw disk?

From: Hari Seldon <bill_at_trout.finance.state.mn.us>
Date: 1995/05/08

In <3oatos$1dql_at_huey.cadvision.com>, yeer_at_cadvision.com (Ray Yee) writes:
>In article <D80t8E.HwM_at_crash.cts.com>, jimt_at_bluebird.com says...
>
>>Can datafiles and or logfiles be stored on raw disk? All the examples
>>I have seen only show them stored in file system.

>>Thanks
>
>avoids the additional overhead of using the OS (in my case AIX) to right to disk and
>therefore increases performance. Management of the database is a little more tricky
opps sorry. but the last time i checked with the port team (~18months ago) the performance increase for aix was in the sub 2% range. not worth the effort imho. ymmv
you also lose that beautiful dynamic cache thats builtin to aix.

bill pociengel

so what is the wow wow wibble wobble wozzey woddle woo? 'so what's a flame but a polite message reduced to it's essence?' lilb pleceoing 'I'm a little confused right now' Received on Mon May 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message