Which UNIX Server to get?

From: <mthomas_at_iu.net>
Date: 1995/05/07

We are planning to purchase a UNIX computer to replace our current OS/2 Oracle database server...thank goodness!

My question: Which computer should we buy?

As you might guess, we are looking for a great (responsive) vendor that delivers a quality product. I also want to be in the front of Oracle's release schedule rather than bringing up the far rear. I can almost hear the Oracle Support person giggle when I mention I'm on OS/2.

Is there a favorite, most popular, Unix machine among the Oracle community? Our application is a real-time C application that mainly uses Oracle for PL/SQL and Pro*C. Thanks. Mary. Received on Sun May 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message