Re: How do we do an ascii dump of a table with a delimiter ?

From: Alex Long <paladin_at_along.dialix.oz.au>
Date: 1995/05/06

In article <3obkcg$hov_at_ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, Chuck Hamilton (chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com) writes:
>In <3o8djo$a13_at_news1.cle.ab.com> Raghid Ajamoughli
>>you may want to try the following
>>
>>set pagesize 0
>>set linesize 1000
>>spool filename
>>
>>select col1, ',', col2, ',', col3, ',', col4 ...
>>from your table;
>>
>>spool off
>>
>>this will output the table into filename on your system.
>>hope this helps
>
>Suppose you want to use TAB as the delimiter?
>
>--
>><> Chuck Hamilton <><
>><> chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com <><
Hi Chuck,

If you wanted a tab character or any other chracter that you can find on the ASCII table listing, you add that character as an ASCII value

For example
SELECT COLUMN_NAME||' '''||CHR(9)||''' '||COLUMN_NAME would give you ASCII 9 separated by a single quote between columns.

Check recent postings by Bob Treumann for an excellent and very compregensive script. I haven't tried it (yet) but the code looks very good.

Regards,
Alex Long

--
                          ,     \    /      ,
                         / \    )\__/(     / \
                        /   \  (_\  /_)   /   \
 ______________________/_____\__\_at_  @/___/_____\________________
|paladin.along.dialix.oz.au 					|
|Alex Long 		   					|
|Adelaide, South Australia 					|
|_______________________________________________________________|
|Wiv a ladder and some glasses,                			|
|You could see to 'Ackney Marshes,           			|
|If it wasn't for the 'ouses in between.       			|
|Edgar Bateman					                |

_